Project Manager, Engineering - Southampton
- Date Posted:
30 May 2018
Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector.
Project Manager (Engineering) – what does that involve?
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
· To undertake the role of Project Manager (Engineering), ensuring that projects are managed in accordance with the UMC Quality Management system, Group Policies and marine industry standards.
· To take responsibility for, and direct the financial, service, quality, health & safety aspects of project delivery that meet or exceed customer satisfaction.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS:
· To support the Senior PM in the delivery of the Operations, Special Projects and Marine Construction Projects.
· To plan, supervise, manage and perform tasks such as but not limited to; feasibility studies, design studies, detail design, plan approval work, site supervision, specification writing, cost estimating.
· To assist in the business development and sales by writing proposals for ITTs
· Monitoring the technical and financial performance of projects.
· To support the Senior Project Manager in the development of technical and project management capability (people, processes and tools) within UMC.
· Liaise with onsite customer to ensure expectations and requirements are met or exceeded.
· Maintain qualifications for offshore deployment in line with Industry Standards.
· Maintain a high level of knowledge on current health and safety methods of working in order to supervise a project and its personnel and advise appropriately
What is V.Group looking for?
· Recent graduate, with engineering qualification in Marine / Mechanical Engineering or Naval Architecture.
· Hold a recognised Project Management qualification commensurate with the position.
· Computer literate with knowledge and experience in the use of Microsoft Office Professional (including MS Project), also knowledge of bespoke design software i.e. AutoCAD, Mathcad, FEA.
· Eligibility for Security Clearance up to UK Secret.
What can I expect in return?
V.Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.