HSE Advisor - Aberdeen
- Date Posted:
31 May 2018
Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector.
HSE Advisor – what does that involve?
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The HSE Adviser’s role is to act as the focal point for all health, safety and environmental activities concerning the fleet of offshore support vessels allocated.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS:
• Provide appropriate HSE advice to the operational team managing the assigned fleet of vessels.
• Promote safe working environments and practices, advising on all aspects of HSE for the fleet.
• Act as the HSE liaison between the vessel and shore based departments such as crewing and the technical department to raise awareness to issues that impact on health, safety and the environment whilst facilitating and supporting appropriate personnel in the close-out of agreed actions in a timely fashion.
• Review client and subcontractor’s HSSE documentation and performance to ensure Company and Client requirements are met.
• Carrying out in-house training (where qualified) with crew members;
• Review vessel HSSE reports submitted and provide feedback to each vessel including where applicable suggesting solutions / improvements;
• Act as Team Lead in incident investigations.
• Be client facing for HSE related topics
• Develop and manage the annual HSE plan for the assigned fleets.
• Be fully conversant with existing and new legislation, codes of practice and industry guidance affecting operations and have input into change of policies and procedures as necessary.
• Maintain and improve systems for the recording, analysis and follow-up of identified actions from incidents, observation systems or similar.
• Be the document owner for the annual HSE plan for the assigned fleet.
• Carry out regular vessel inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented and adhered to.
• Any other duties identified within the remit of the role.
What is V.Group looking for?
• Extensive HSE experience in a ship management or ship owning company.
• Experience in incident investigation including root cause analysis
• Good communication skills with the ability to engage and energise others
• Customer focused with the ability to understand and meet the Client’s needs
• Innovative - Ability to develop and put forward new and better ways of doing things by keeping up to date with technological advancement
• Good organisational skills
• Computer literate
• Good interpersonal skills
• Understands the need to always lead by example
• Understanding of Marine legislation
• Formal incident investigation training such as Kelvin Topset or the like
• H & S experience in a similar field
• Knowledge of offshore vessel operations
• Associate member of IOSH with the aim of gaining full membership
• Experience in training delivery
• Qualifications - NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
What can I expect in return?
V.Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.