Technical Manager, Seatec Inspections - Kochi
- Date Posted:
3 June 2018
Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector.
Technical Manager – what does that involve?
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
This is a general management role, supporting the Managing Director of Seatec Inspection in achieving technical quality, customer support and performance targets of the business.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS:
· Prepare budgets for office operations.
· Provide support and assistance to the Director to SIS Management.
· Ensure economical management of the various offices
· Ensure clients are invoiced in full and in a timely manner. Debt control.
· Assist with current processes in order to meet set timetable and to enable accurate monitoring of project profitability.
· Maintain accurate account details for key clients.
· Responsible to the Managing Director.
· Overall responsible for technical matters at SIS.
· ISO 9001 implementation across all activities
· Oversee the functioning of the technical, operations in the local and other offices of SIS.
· Perform inspections and major job supervisions as required.
· Preparing reports and in process monitoring of all jobs assigned.
· System audits.
· Liaison with local and overseas Customers for fulfilment of contractual obligations.
· Coordinate all training requirements of the organization’s local and other personnel.
· Liaison with local and overseas sub-contractors or as assigned.
· Administration and implementation of all office policies and procedures.
· Development of new business.
· Support SIS in activities and development as required.
· Direct contact with clients and prospective clients.
· Backup functions as required including assigned functions in the absence of the Managing Director
What is V.Group looking for?
· Class 1 Motor Certificate of Competency
· Sailing background 10 years, including as CE
· Knowledge of ISO 9001.
· Degree in Marine engineering or similar
· Conversant with ISM code.
· General Senior Management experience in Fleet gained in a ship management environment ashore at least 10 years and 5 as Technical or fleet Manager
· 10 years’ ship operating experience
· Sound Finance understanding.
· Flexible / self-motivated / good communication skills and able to work as part of a team.
· Strong Process/IT understanding. Microsoft applications i.e. Excel, Power Point, Publisher.
What can I expect in return?
V.Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.