Finance Manager – what does that involve?
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To provide professional, accurate and timely reports and to support Marine Operations management team.
· Preparation, review and analysis of the consolidated BU management accounts on a monthly basis including profit and cash flow performance against budgets forecasts and prior year. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
• Ensuring the information is prepared in accordance with the company’s accounting procedures and practices
• Profit and Loss accounts, balance sheets and cash flow statements
• Debtors, creditors and inter-company balances and trading reports in conjunction with Marine / Group finance teams
• Capital expenditure
• Participate in calls with the regional teams
• Variance analysis including the preparation of the presentation to Group
• Provide explanation and analysis of financial results
· Liaising closely with the local teams on the preparation of the management reports to ensure their accuracy and to provide Divisional assistance onsite when required.
· Prepare & assist in the monthly presentation of the results for Ship Management West.
· Collate, review & present Vessel Churn to senior management.
· Review of KPI’s, including monitoring of headcount to vessel ratios.
· Ensuring that all reports issued to senior management and Group are submitted within the agreed timeframe
· Monitor entity cash positions on a continuous basis and ensuring no surplus funds remain in the entities.
· To maintain and further develop internal procedures particularly with regard to working capital improvements including office visits were necessary.
· To contribute towards the education of general financial awareness throughout the Ship Management offices.
· Assist where possible in the annual audit process and to ensure audits are completed within timescale set.
· Involvement with Divisional projects, including, where appropriate taking the lead role in reviewing current performance and developing / implementing improvements.
· Assisting the SMW Head of Finance with any other duties as necessary.
What is V.Group looking for?
· The role would ideally suit a person with ACCA/CIMA qualification, a proven academic track record and also a minimum of 3 years previous experience in a similar role.
· Proven communication skills with all levels of management
· The ability to learn quickly, adaptability, and the skill to deal with pressure are a prerequisite.
· Due to the nature of the work, discretion and confidentiality are imperative.
· Advanced excel skills are a prerequisite.
What can I expect in return?
V.Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.