Insurance Assistant - London
- Date Posted:
11 June 2018
Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector.
Insurance Assistant - what does that involve?
Overall Purpose of the Job:
To provide efficient and accurate administrative support in relation to insurance policies placed by V.Scope for both internal and external clients. In the role you will gain a wide understanding of the various insurance policies required by a multinational corporation, and develop a specific knowledge and specialism in marine insurance for oceangoing vessels.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
· To handle and negotiate the placement and renewal of Certificates of Financial Responsibility for vessels trading to the USA. Ensure renewals are completed in a timely manner. Distribute invoices to clients for timely payment. Liaise with insurance companies for payment of brokerage commissions once premium payments have been made.
· To provide support to the placing brokers during marine insurance renewals and ensure documentation and invoices are distributed to the clients in a timely manner.
· To process and issue all additional War Breach and associated Kidnap & Ransom invoices for internal clients and selected third party accounts.
· To work with Seascope Insurance Services Ltd and members of the London insurance team in producing premium invoices.
· On a weekly basis review with Managing Director client ledger and send payment reminders to clients in respect of overdue invoices.
· To assist the Managing Director with renewal of group insurance policies including Employer’s Liability, Public Liability, Computer, Terrorism, Professional Liability, Directors and Officers Liability and Corporate Travel. To keep an up to date list of all staff insured under the group Personal Accident insurance. Process and/or distribute invoices for payment, and ensure premiums are received in accordance with policy terms and conditions.
What are V. Group looking for?
· Good computer literacy especially Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
· Good written and oral communication skills
· Fluent in written and spoken English
· Experience is shipping or insurance is desirable but not essential
What can I expect in return?
V.Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.