Entity Finance Manager (Singapore)
- Date Posted:
13 June 2018
Who are V. Group?
At V.Group, our ambition is to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine support services. Our values (The 5 C’s) are at the heart of everything we do and describe how we work and the promises that we make to our customers and each other. We only succeed if we are enabling our customers to be successful - we aim to be a standard setter, shaping the future. We aim to work as one global team, easy to do business with and providing a consistently high level of service.
We are always interested to speak with talented individuals - people who care, really collaborate, challenge and commit & deliver.
Entity Finance Manager - what does that involve?
Overall Purpose of the Job:
To provide support to the Head of Finance – East, the Ship Management East Business Unit finance team and the VSAG General Manager through effective financial management of the entity finance function.
To develop best practice policy on all finance procedures and to manage the overall financial performance of the entity, including responsibility for the timely preparation of Group financial reporting and statutory reporting. To provide financial and performance advice to the General Manager that will assist in the running and strategic direction of the business and to support the development of a culture of continuous improvement.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Ensure all financial records are maintained in accordance with the established accounting policies and procedures. Ensure hard copy month and year end files are maintained which fully support reported P&L and balance sheet as well as are available for periodic review by the Regional Head of Finance and Group / Business Unit finance representatives.
2. Ensure delivery of monthly management accounts packs per the deadlines on the V.Group Entity Accounts calendar and that all intercompany trading and account balances have been agreed with counterparts. Ensure all checks have been completed in line with V.Group Month End Checklist as updated and circulated from time to time by the divisional finance team.
3. Build relationship with operational managers to ensure all necessary financial and performance information is being provided in a timely, accurate and meaningful manner and that forecasting of results is accurate in relation to all available information, in particular sales and EBITDA forecasts. Assist the Regional Head of Finance and Entity GM with monthly business commentary, to provide clear and robust reasons for deviation from forecast/budget.
4. Provide support and assistance to the local/senior management team to ensure that the team are fully aware of financial controls and risks and to provide decision making information when required.
5. Manage working capital requirement of the business and deliver weekly cash flow forecast. Ensure forecasts are accurate given available information and in line with monthly forecast/budgeted operating cash forecast, providing comprehensive explanations for deviation.
6. Manage / improve internal controls, to improve financial and performance efficiency working with divisional finance team and internal audit as required.
7. Liaise with the auditors and adhere to internal audit controls. Responsible for scheduling and completion of the annual statutory audits and annual return filing, both entity and group.
8. Produce and maintain finance procedures compliant with Quality Management System
9. Presentation of monthly performance to entity senior management team.
10. Preparation of rolling forecasts and annual budgets using V.Group reporting tools.
11. Understand business drivers and KPI’s; use these to maintain rolling forecast model for the business.
12. The supervision and direction of the accounting team including those responsible for transaction processing. Review and authorisation of journals prepared and entered by the accounting team.
13. Assist divisional finance staff as required
14. Assist the general manager with any other duties that it is agreed may be necessary.
What are V. Group looking for?
Professional accounting qualification and 5 to 7 years of accounting experience, preferably with background on shipping and maritime industry
Computer literacy: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Experience in management position
Intermediate level of excel
High accuracy and attention to detail
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Good leadership skills
Open to Singaporean / PR only
What can I expect in return?
V.Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.