Sector: Cruise Ship/Leisure
Location: Yard then Worldwide
Rank: Technical Stores Manager
Vessel Type: Passenger/Ferry
Applications close: 27 July 2018
Selection and interview dates: week commencing 30 July 2018
Be part of a team that exists to inspire and enable new possibilities!
This role is an important component of Saga’s new build team and will help to construct and deliver their first brand new vessel.
Saga Cruises are currently in the process and planning and delivering 2 brand new, 999 passenger 58,000 ton luxury cruise ships to be constructed at Meyer Werft’s Papenburg Shipyard to be delivered in mid-2019 and mid-2020.
Saga Cruises has a strong reputation in the British Cruise market for delivering best in class service to its guests and for its attention to detail - as well as being a great place to work.
The design of the first ship is already well advanced and the project will move into construction phase mid-2018. We are looking for a Technical Stores Manager to work with Saga Cruises to help achieve this.
You'll work for Saga’s new build team, you'll be based at the shipyard in Germany from September 2018 and ultimately, we'd see you sailing as Technical Stores Manager on board one of the new vessels.
Licence / Qualification requirements:
Management of inventory and stores
Computer based stock control and procurement
Line Manager: Staff Chief Engineer
Direct Reports: Assistant Technical Storekeeper
Duties of the Technical Stores Manager includes, but are not limited to, assisting the following with their responsibilities as per V.Ships S&QMS:
Assist Staff Chief Engineer with Technical Department Responsibility 12 - Inventory Control - Engine Department
Responsible for the control of stock level records and requisitions for engine and deck department stores and spares. Responsible for the control of services for the engine department.
The Technical Storekeeper will work with both Deck and Engine Departments – their duties will include:
- Initial setup of the storerooms, stock ordering and input into Shipsure computerised system.
- Input into the development of procedures to define the process for stock procurement and receiving on board.
- Responsible for management of the stock transactions within the guarantee process of the Spirit of Discovery.
- Ownership of Deck, Technical and Technical Hotel inventories and the conditions of them.
- Accountable for all spare parts and delivery of parts ordered – ensuring the parts ordered meet the requirements and technical specifications of the vessel
- Maintaining sufficient stock levels of all required spare parts and consumables, including working with Superintendents to forward plan and anticipate demand for 12 months onwards
- Maintaining stock records for critical and minimum operating stock levels for parts and equipment in line with Saga and V.Ships policies including the delivery, storage and release to ensure commercial benefit is optimised.
- Accountable for all ordering, storage and usage of the consumables on board
- Managing conflicts between demanding personnel by ensuring that procedures for the release of stock and consumables are implemented and followed accordingly.
- Raising, controlling and closing requisitions for Deck and Engine department (when directed by Chief Engineer and/or Staff Captain).
- Keeping inventory of all spare gear and consumables of technical department and updated in ShipSure as well as filing all associated documentation
- Adopt a culture of continual process and system improvement in order to improve efficiencies and present these to Superintendents and Head of Department where suitable
- Closing items when received and entered into stock as instructed by Staff Chief, Ship Service Engineer and Chief Electrician as well as Staff Captain and Safety Officer.
- Preparing stock checks for technical stores and spares twice per month and upon request of Superintendents.
- When operationally viable, liaise with ships of same class in fleet to source spare parts as necessary before ordering to improve efficiencies within the technical spares budgets.
- Attend passenger social events as directed by the Head of Department.
- Partake in inspections, trainings and meetings as directed by the Head of Department.
- Ensure direct reports are line managed effectively in accordance with Saga and V.Ships appraisal policies
- Ensure ‘open-door policy’ to direct reports and support individual’s needs, sourcing advice and reporting matters of a personal nature confidentially to the Head of Department where necessary.
- Other shipboard tasks pertaining to departmental operations as directed by Head of Department.
- Attending trainings and office visits arranged by V.Ships where possible