Service Engineer (Communications) - Rotterdam
- Date Posted:
3 July 2018
Who are V. Group?
At V.Group, our ambition is to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine support services. Our values (The 5 C’s) are at the heart of everything we do and describe how we work and the promises that we make to our customers and each other. We only succeed if we are enabling our customers to be successful - we aim to be a standard setter, shaping the future. We aim to work as one global team, easy to do business with and providing a consistently high level of service.
We are always interested to speak with talented individuals - people who care, really collaborate, challenge and commit & deliver.
Service Engineer (Communications) – what does that involve?
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
· To install, test and commission various marine electrical and electronic equipment and to attend on board vessels to undertake inspections of electrical and electronic system.
· To provide assistance to all V.Ships Group Offices on electrical and electronic engineering matters.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS:
· Installation, termination, testing and commissioning of electrical and electronic systems on board vessels
· Preparation of reports in support of the above activities and supervision of crew and/or shore side personnel in conjunction with system installations.
· Inspection, testing, fault diagnosis and repair of electrical and electronic shipboard systems
· Ensuring that records of all work are kept in a systematic and traceable manner in accordance with Seacom QMS and submitted for approval in a timely manner
· To perform other tasks such as directed by the Managing Director or his deputy
What is V.Group looking for?
· Recognised Electrical/Electronic engineering certificate or university degree in ships Electrical/Electronic and automation systems.
· Significant experience in an electrical/electronic/communication engineering position.
· Significant experience as an electro technical officer.
What can I expect in return?
V.Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.