Sector: Cruise Ship/Leisure
Location: Yard then Worldwide
Rank: Electronic Systems Engineer
Vessel Type: Passenger/Ferry
Date Posted: 16 July 2018
Applications close: 2 December 2018
Selection process: 3 – 7 December 2018
Interview dates: 10 – 14 December 2018
Be part of a team that exists to inspire and enable new possibilities!
This role is an important component of Saga’s new build team and will help to construct and deliver their first brand new vessel.
Saga Cruises are currently in the process and planning and delivering 2 brand new, 999 passenger 58,000 ton luxury cruise ships to be constructed at Meyer Werft’s Papenburg Shipyard to be delivered in mid-2019 and mid-2020.
Saga Cruises has a strong reputation in the British Cruise market for delivering best in class service to its guests and for its attention to detail - as well as being a great place to work.
The design of the first ship is already well advanced and the project will move into construction phase mid-2018. We are looking for an Electronic Systems Engineer to work with Saga Cruises to help achieve this.
You'll work for Saga’s new build team, you'll be based at the shipyard in Germany from March 2019 and ultimately, we'd see you sailing as Electronic Systems Engineer on board one of the new vessels.
Licence / Qualification requirements:
GMDSS Maintenance Certification
STCW ETO CoC
High Voltage Certification
1st Electro-Technical Officer (1ETO)
Assistant Electronic Systems Engineer
To assist the following with their responsibilities as per V.Ships S&QMS;
Assist CETO with Technical Department Responsibility 15 - Electrical Equipment
Responsible to the CETO for:
- The management of the electrical sub-department.
- The safe and efficient repair, maintenance, testing and operation of all electrical and electronic equipment on board (with the exception of those under the control of the Computer Systems Officer)
- The day-to-day discipline and control of electrical staff under their direct supervision.
- Attend passenger social events as directed by the Head of Department.
- Partake in inspections, trainings and meetings as directed by the Head of Department.
- Ensure direct reports are line managed effectively in accordance with Saga and V.Ships appraisal policies
- Ensure accessibility to direct reports and support individual’s needs, sourcing advice and reporting matters of a personal nature confidentially to the Head of Department where necessary.
- Other shipboard tasks pertaining to departmental operations as directed by Head of Department.
- Attending trainings and office visits arranged by V.Ships where possible