Sector: Cruise Ship/Leisure
Location: Yard then Worldwide
Rank: 1ST ENGINEER (ENVIRONMENTAL)
Vessel Type: Passenger/Ferry
Date Posted: 16 July 2018
Applications close: 17 February 2019
Selection process: 18 – 22 February 2019
Interview dates: 25 – 28 February 2019
***NOTE: this vacancy is for Saga’s new build: we are currently advertising for this role and accepting CVs. Please note that recruitment timelines above***
Be part of a team that exists to inspire and enable new possibilities!
This role is an important component of Saga’s new build team and will help to construct and deliver their first brand new vessel.
Saga Cruises are currently in the process and planning and delivering 2 brand new, 999 passenger 58,000 ton luxury cruise ships to be constructed at Meyer Werft’s Papenburg Shipyard to be delivered in mid-2019 and mid-2020.
Saga Cruises has a strong reputation in the British Cruise market for delivering best in class service to its guests and for its attention to detail - as well as being a great place to work.
The design of the first ship is already well advanced and the project will move into construction phase mid-2018. We are looking for a 1st Engineer (Environmental) to work with Saga Cruises to help achieve this.
You'll work for Saga’s new build team, you'll be based at the shipyard in Germany from June 2019 and ultimately, we'd see you sailing as 1st Engineer (Environmental) on board one of the new vessels.
Licence / Qualification requirements:
Required: 2nd Engineer Unlimited
Desired: Chief Engineer Unlimited
Staff Chief Engineer
Responsibilities as per V.Ships S&QMS;
Technical Department Responsibility 3 - Generators
Responsible to the Staff Engineer for the safe and efficient repair, maintenance and operation of environmental and associated equipment i.e. waste stream processing and MARPOL related equipment
To assist the following with their responsibilities as per V.Ships S&QMS;
Assist Staff Chief Engineer with Environmental Department Responsibility 2 - Main Propulsion Machinery
Responsible to the Staff Engineer for the safe and efficient repair and maintenance of the main propulsion machinery and associated machinery and equipment.
- Ensure that planned maintenance assigned to direct report’s discipline is conducted and reported
- Attend passenger social events as directed by the Head of Department.
- Partake in inspections, trainings and meetings as directed by the Head of Department.
- Ensure direct reports are line managed effectively in accordance with Saga and V.Ships appraisal policies
- Ensure accessibility to direct reports and support individual’s needs, sourcing advice and reporting matters of a personal nature confidentially to the Head of Department where necessary.
- Other shipboard tasks pertaining to departmental operations as directed by Head of Department.
- Attending trainings and office visits arranged by V.Ships where possible