Sector: Cruise Ship/Leisure
Location: Yard then Worldwide
Rank: ENGINEER (ENVIRONMENTAL)
Vessel Type: Passenger/Ferry
Applications close: 17 February 2019
Selection process: 18 – 22 February 2019
Interview dates: 25 – 28 February 2019
***NOTE: this vacancy is for Saga’s new build: we are currently advertising for this role and accepting CVs. Please note that recruitment timelines above***
Licence / Qualification requirements;
Required – 2nd Engineer Unlimited
Desired – Chief Engineer Unlimited
Staff Chief Engineer
Responsibilities as per V.Ships S&QMS
Technical Department Responsibility 3 - Generators
Responsible to the Staff Engineer for the safe and efficient repair, maintenance and operation of equipment including environmental systems and associated equipment i.e. waste stream processing and MARPOL related equipment
To assist the following with their responsibilities as per V.Ships S&QMS;
Assist Staff Chief Engineer with Environmental Department Responsibility 2 - Main Propulsion Machinery
Responsible to the Staff Engineer for the safe and efficient repair and maintenance of the main propulsion machinery and associated machinery and equipment.
Attending trainings and office visits arranged by V.Ships where possible
- Ensure that planned maintenance assigned to direct report’s discipline is conducted and reported
- Attend passenger social events as directed by the Head of Department.
- Partake in inspections, trainings and meetings as directed by the Head of Department.
- Ensure direct reports are line managed effectively in accordance with Saga and V.Ships appraisal policies
- Ensure accessibility to direct reports and support individual’s needs, sourcing advice and reporting matters of a personal nature confidentially to the Head of Department where necessary.
- Other shipboard tasks pertaining to departmental operations as directed by Head of Department.