Sector: Cruise Ship/Leisure
Location: Yard then Worldwide
Rank: Assistant HVAC Engineer
Vessel Type: Passenger/Ferry
Date Posted: 16 July 2018
Applications close: 05 Sep 2018
Selection process: 06 Sep 2018
Interview dates: 10 Sep 2018
Be part of a team that exists to inspire and enable new possibilities!
This role is an important component of Saga’s new build team and will help to construct and deliver their first brand new vessel.
Saga Cruises are currently in the process and planning and delivering 2 brand new, 999 passenger 58,000 ton luxury cruise ships to be constructed at Meyer Werft’s Papenburg Shipyard to be delivered in mid-2019 and mid-2020.
Saga Cruises has a strong reputation in the British Cruise market for delivering best in class service to its guests and for its attention to detail - as well as being a great place to work.
The design of the first ship is already well advanced and the project will move into construction phase mid-2018. We are looking for an Assistant HVAC Engineer to work with Saga Cruises to help achieve this.
You'll work for Saga’s new build team, you'll be based at the shipyard in Germany from December 2018 and ultimately, we'd see you sailing as Assistant HVAC Engineer on board one of the new vessels.
Licence / Qualification requirements:
STCW certificates related to role
Knowledge of automation/energy saving and control systems associated to HVAC
Knowledge of USPH and international public heath requirements
The Assistant HVAC Engineer is to assist the HVAC Engineer in the completion of his day-to-day activities including but not limited to:
- Ensures that maintenance and repair of vessel’s HVAC equipment/system, domestic refrigeration plant, ventilation, cooling, freezing, provision equipment and all air conditioning throughout the vessel are completed efficiently and safely in line with International regulations.
- To carry out maintenance and repair to Engine room and Galley ventilation systems, multi-flow beverage machines, mini –bar units and ice making machines as directed by HVAC Engineer.
- Responsible for inspection and cleanliness of galley, laundry and laundrette exhaust ducts ensuring cleaning routines are followed correctly.
- Maintain Temperature logs for Freezers and Cold Rooms as required by USPH.
- Ensure that planned maintenance assigned to their discipline is conducted and reported.
- Partake in inspections, trainings and meetings as instructed by the Head of Department.
- Other tasks pertaining to departmental operations as instructed by the Head of Department.
- Ensures that the set standards are kept as per V.Ships policies.