HSEQ Superintendent - Limassol
- Date Posted:
23 July 2018
Who are V. Group?
At V.Group, our ambition is to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine support services. Our values (The 5 C’s – We Care, We Collaborate, We Challenge, We are Consistent, We Commit and Deliver) are at the heart of everything we do and describe how we work and the promises that we make to our customers and each other. We only succeed if we are enabling our customers to be successful - we aim to be a standard setter, shaping the future. We aim to work as one global team, easy to do business with and providing a consistently high level of service.
We are always interested to speak with talented individuals - people who will demonstrate our values and deliver great service for customers, whether external or internal.
Fleet Manager - what does that involve?
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
· To ensure the safe operation of assigned fleet/vessels, and to provide an effective link between the Fleet Cell and those onboard.
· To verify and monitor all HSEQ activities in the operation of the Fleet and to ensure that adequate resources and shore-based support is applied as required.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS:
· The maintenance of navigational standards by regular review of navigational practices and procedures and any improvements required for the ships assigned to him/her.
· Monitoring all cargo activities such as cargo operations, tank cleaning / gas freeing and to comply with operational safety procedures and provide assistance / guidance where required for the ships assigned to him/ her.
· To act as Deputy DPA when required and to assist and support the DPA to monitor as a minimum the following for his or her assigned vessels: a. Communication and implementation of the safety and environmental protection policy; b. Evaluation and review of the effectiveness of the safety managementsystem; c. Reporting and analysis of non-conformities, accidents and hazardousoccurrences; d. Maintain ISM certification and organising and monitoring of internalaudits; e. Appropriate revisions to the SMS; and f. Ensuring that adequate resources and shore based support isprovided.
· Act as Company Security Officer (CSO) and plan internal ISPS audits for designated fleet/vessels within the required timescales.
· Control and monitor the risk for assigned vessels and to act as part of the risk assessment team for shipboard procedures and operations when called upon to do so.
· Monitor the voyage and operational performance of assigned fleet/vessels providing assistance to the Fleet team/Masters as necessary.
· Monitoring HSEQ operations, Flag state, Port State inspections & Vetting Inspections for assigned fleet/ships.
· Collect HSEQ statistical data of the fleet to support the Management Reviewprocess.
· Act as client interface as required on all marine and operational matters, ensuring HSEQ input to client reports. Revised May 2016
· Maintain records of accidents, incidents, near misses and non-conformance reports. Contribute fully to the investigations and verify that investigations are carried out effectively and that appropriate corrective action is agreed upon and implemented in a timely manner.
· Co-ordinate the provision of specialist advice on all marine and operational matters, actively promoting and supporting the development of effective professional working partnerships between Senior Officers onboard vessels and the ship management team ashore.
· Evaluate vessel requirements with regard to mooring ropes, marine and safety equipment.
· When appointed, act as Management Representative as per ISO 9001 and ISO 14001. Generate and maintain records relating to the issuance of controlled documentation.
· Assist line management with the functioning of the VMS and monitoring that adequate training isbeing provided.
· Act as a member of the Emergency Response Team during an emergency.
· Arrange third party inspections such as Oil Major, CDI and flag state inspectionsand co-ordinate response.
· If required, handle/liaise with the Master on P&I and Insurance claims.
· Monitor shipboard drug and alcohol testing.
· Monitor the charts and nautical publications supply process to vessels ensuring necessary corrections and updates are provided without delay.
· Monitor performance and maintenance standards of all navigationalequipment.
· Interview and brief Senior Officers on HSEQ matters during office attendance. Ensure they have an understanding of the V.Ships “performance assured” philosophy and are clear about the standards of performance expected and the support available from the management team shore.
· In liaison with Fleet Superintendents ensure that Performance Appraisals are conducted for Senior Officers onboard assigned vessels as per VMS Procedures and contribute as appropriate to their career development.
What are V. Group looking for?
· Minimum qualification of Class 2 (1st Mate) certificate of competency and sea-going experience as a Chief Officer pursuant to the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watch-keeping for Seafarers (STCW) 1978, as amended, with not less than 3 years’ experience as a senior shipboard officer and 5 years of relevant sea-going experience.
· Other formal education combined with not less than 3 years’ practical senior-level experience in ship management operations in a shipping company with 5 years relevant sea-going experience.
· Qualifications from a tertiary institution recognised by the Administration or authorised by a recognised organisation, within a relevant field of management; engineering or physical science; science with not less than 3 years’ practical senior-level experience in ship management operations in a shipping company, with relevant sea-going experience.
· Good interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and interact with people at all levels and of all nationalities.
· Good organisation, analytical and planning skills.
· Good Communication (oral and written skills)
· Master’s Certificate of Competency (Class 1) with command experience.
What can I expect in return?
V. Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.