Data Scientist - Glasgow
- Date Posted:
24 July 2018
Who are V. Group?
At V.Group, our ambition is to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine support services. Our values (The 5 C’s – We Care, We Collaborate, We Challenge, We are Consistent, We Commit and Deliver) are at the heart of everything we do and describe how we work and the promises that we make to our customers and each other. We only succeed if we are enabling our customers to be successful - we aim to be a standard setter, shaping the future. We aim to work as one global team, easy to do business with and providing a consistently high level of service.
We are always interested to speak with talented individuals - people who will demonstrate our values and deliver great service for customers, whether external or internal.
Data Scientist - what does that involve?
Key duties will include:
· Mine and analyse data from within our various databases to support the development and optimization of the a new business system.
· Work with both internal and external key stakeholders to identify potential opportunities for the leveraging of “big data for corporate solutions
· Develop knowledge management tools to support the project activities
· Support and lead the various work streams as required for the delivery of the V.Group Innovation strategy and agenda
· Attend other V.Group management offices as required
· Any other tasks as required
What are V. Group looking for?
· Minimum qualification of a BSc. in a IT, mathematics or statistical field (MSc. Preferred)
· Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
· Experience using advanced Machine Learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, Scenario analysis, etc)
· Experience of statistical techniques (regression, properties of distribution, statistical tests, etc)
· Ability to be self motivate for planning and executing tasks and projects.
· Willing to travel in support of business requirements.
What can I expect in return?
V. Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.