Naval Architect - Glasgow
- Date Posted:
24 July 2018
Who are V. Group?
At V.Group, our ambition is to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine support services. Our values (The 5 C’s – We Care, We Collaborate, We Challenge, We are Consistent, We Commit and Deliver) are at the heart of everything we do and describe how we work and the promises that we make to our customers and each other. We only succeed if we are enabling our customers to be successful - we aim to be a standard setter, shaping the future. We aim to work as one global team, easy to do business with and providing a consistently high level of service.
We are always interested to speak with talented individuals - people who will demonstrate our values and deliver great service for customers, whether external or internal.
Naval Architect - what does that involve?
Key duties will include:
· Provide key Naval Architecture support and advice for the development of the project team.
· Support the various workstreams for the delivery of key dashboards that can provide a clear and consistent overview of the vessel’s fuel performance
· Assess vessel’s operational practices related to fuel consumption to ensure that vessels are operated efficiently.
· Review performance claims and provide expert support / feedback
· Develop knowledge management tools to support enhanced vessel fuel performance management
· Support and lead the various work streams as required for the delivery of the V.Group Innovation strategy and agenda
· Attend other V.Group management offices as required
· Any other tasks as required
What are V. Group looking for?
· Minimum qualification of a Bachelors in Naval Architecture (Masters degree in Naval Architecture would be advantageous)
· Previous experience of vessel modelling and performance optimization
· Current or working towards membership of RINA or a similar professional body
· Ability to be self motivate for planning and executing tasks and projects.
· Willing to travel in support of business requirements.
What can I expect in return?
V. Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.