Operations Assistant - Chennai
- Date Posted:
3 August 2018
Who are V. Group?
At V.Group, our ambition is to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine support services. Our values (The 5 C’s) are at the heart of everything we do and describe how we work and the promises that we make to our customers and each other. We only succeed if we are enabling our customers to be successful - we aim to be a standard setter, shaping the future. We aim to work as one global team, easy to do business with and providing a consistently high level of service.
We are always interested to speak with talented individuals - people who care, really collaborate, challenge and commit & deliver.
Operations Assistant - what does that involve?
Overall Purpose of the Job:
To provide administrative support to daily operation and assist with general secretarial duties in office.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
· General Admin, secretarial for the group as and when required.
· Assist Ops superintendent in day-to-day coordination and management of business operational activities.
· Monitor, control and manage business operations to meet customer expectations and company goals.
· Liaise between customer and management to ensure smooth operations delivery.
· Ensure compliance with company standards and procedures.
· Maintain clear and accurate operations documents/procedures for reference purposes
· Maintain the email folders, invoicing and printing of reports.
· Maintain and upkeep of the Job to Completion worksheet to the latest information
· Assist in maintaining housekeeping of projects in database ensuring accurate up to date admin records
· To assist in social media (marketing) activities and liaise with all other UMC offices to gather necessary information.
What are V. Group looking for?
· Microsoft Word / Excel experience
· Good organisational and administrative skills
· Excellent communication / presentation skills
· Excellent telephone and interpersonal skills
· Knowledge of time recording / project management software and competent in spreadsheet maintenance
What can I expect in return?
V.Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.