Air Diver - Southampton
- Date Posted:
8 August 2018
Who are V. Group?
At V.Group, our ambition is to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine support services. Our values (The 5 C’s – We Care, We Collaborate, We Challenge, We are Consistent, We Commit and Deliver) are at the heart of everything we do and describe how we work and the promises that we make to our customers and each other. We only succeed if we are enabling our customers to be successful - we aim to be a standard setter, shaping the future. We aim to work as one global team, easy to do business with and providing a consistently high level of service.
We are always interested to speak with talented individuals - people who will demonstrate our values and deliver great service for customers, whether external or internal.
Air Diver - what does that involve?
Overall purpose of the role:
To take responsibility for and direct the service; quality; health & safety aspects of an operational dive site that meet or exceed customer satisfaction. To act as support within the yard for help in periods of peak workload
Key duties will include:
· Lead by example and enforce company policy.
· Diver is to meet or exceed their responsibilities as laid down in the respective regulations / Codes of Practice for the region that the diving project is being conducted.
· Maintain relevant diving qualifications to ensure you can dive and supervise dive teams.
· Report and liaise with the Diving Supervisors and Superintendents/Operations Co-ordinators, to ensure operations are of a high standard.
· Ensure load out lists and heads up documents are accurately updated providing a key link between operations and maintenance teams.
· Ensure all onsite paperwork is fit for purpose working with the dive supervisor.
· Produce electronically formatted reports with photographic evidence when required to meet the customer’s specification.
· Ensure diving operations are carried out to meet or exceed customer satisfaction.
· Provide operational feedback to assist with development and growth of UK operations.
· Provide reasonable support to maintenance teams in the Chandlers Ford and Plymouth office when assessed as competent.
· Carry out any other reasonable tasks to support the business in the yard such as blank manufacture, equipment builds and plant maintenance.
What are V. Group looking for?
· Recognised Diving qualification supported with evidence of training.
· Evidence of experience by way of a diving log book.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience, preferably 5 years at an inshore/offshore work site.
· Effective and proactive team member.
· Good interpersonal skills.
· Good computer skills using Microsoft packages
What can I expect in return?
V. Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.