Regional Crew Management Partner - Piraeus
- Date Posted:
29 August 2018
Who are V. Group?
At V.Group, our ambition is to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine support services. Our values (The 5 C’s) are at the heart of everything we do and describe how we work and the promises that we make to our customers and each other. We only succeed if we are enabling our customers to be successful - we aim to be a standard setter, shaping the future. We aim to work as one global team, easy to do business with and providing a consistently high level of service.
We are always interested to speak with talented individuals - people who care, really collaborate, challenge and commit & deliver.
Regional Crew Management Partner (RCMP) - what does that involve?
Overall Purpose of the Job:
The Regional Crew Management Partner (RCMP) plays a vital role in managing and growing existing customer relationships, and seeking opportunities in the market to grow V.Group’s Crew Management business.
The RCMP will lead and support engagement with senior customer representatives, senior potential customer representatives, senior V.Group stakeholders and colleagues in Crew Management, Ship Management, Customer Experience, Commercial Team, Bid Team and HSEQ, amongst others.
The RCMP will operate within V.Group’s customer relationship management grid:
· For existing Full Technical Management customers, the RCMP must act in support of the V.Group relationship owner, representing Crew Management as part of the team assigned to the customer
· For existing Crew Management customers, the RCMP will be the V.Group relationship owner, and manage V.Group resources and inputs to ensure customer needs are fully met
· For potential customers, the RCMP will lead and / or support all aspects of business development and the V.Group sales process – working closely with Commercial, Business Development, Vessel Management and Bid teams as required
The RCMP will be assigned a regional portfolio of customer accounts, and will be responsible on behalf of their Crew Operations Director for the effective and profitable management of these relationships. They will be fully responsibile for the preparation and execution of account plans, for the achievement of associated commercial targets and actions.
The RCMP will manage a team of Crew Management Partners (CMPs) and be accountable for their operational delivery. They will monitor and manage the activities of CMPs in their region to ensure all customer relationships are managed in line with V.Group processes and standards.
The RCMP will use Salesforce and other business development tool and platforms at their discposal to grow and manage their sales pipeline from prospect to sale in line with V.Group’s sales operating model for Crew Management. They will proactively seek opportunities to grow revenue through cross-selling the full range of V.Group marine services.
They will also drive improvement in existing service delivery and associated customer satisfaction.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Lead and manage a team of Crew Management Partners in their allocated region
2. Establish, maintain and develop relationships with key contacts within customer organizations
3. Establish, maintain and develop relationships with key stakeholders within V.Group
4. Have a clear understanding of the customer’s strategy and their operational challenges
5. Identify and understand customers’ perceptions of value, and align V.Group’s service offer to ensure their customer needs are fully met.
6. Work closely with the Ship Management, Business Development, Commercial and Customer Experience teams
7. Develop and manage regional Crew Management sales strategy in collaboration with Crew Operations Director, Business Development and other relevant stakeholders in close collaboration with other V.Group teams and stakeholders
8. Actively lead / support all aspects of the V.Group sales process in their region
9. Prepare, validate and execute Account Development Plans / Customer Success Plans in line with V.Group process and standards
10. Monitor and manage V.Group service delivery and address any service performance issues in their region
11. Schedule, undertake and report regular account and service performance reviews in line with V.Group process and standards
12. Monitor changes to the client’s strategy, any ownership changes, senior management changes or any other material developments which could impact V.Group commercial relationship
13. Maintain and improve knowledge of V.Group products and services to identify opportunities to extend the range of products and services sold to customers
14. Manage onboarding and transition of new clients / new vessels in their region
15. Prepare and provide customers with accurate and timely reports in line with V.Group processes and standards
16. Review and advise on potential crew welfare and /or crew benefit package issues and initiatives
17. Review and prepare options for future crewing strategies for assigned customers
18. Review and analyse crew performance (operational & behavioural) trends and recommend actions to support continuous improvement
19. Coordinate incident investigation together with HSEQ team and other relevant parties within V.Group
20. Lead V.Group business development and comercial activities and campaigns as required
21. Play an active part in fleet crew seminars
22. Provides support to Crew Operations Director and General Manager / Operations Manager as required
KEY SUCCESS MEASURES:
· Achievement of vessel and revenue growth targets
· Customer retention
· Customer NPS
· Revenue / Contribution to EBITDA
· Vessel / Customer profitability
· Increase in vessels and/ or services from existing customers
· New customer acquisition
· Positive feedback from internal stakeholders (Business Development, Technical Management, etc.)
What are V. Group looking for?
· BSc/BA in business administration, sales or relevant discipline
· Proven experience in account management role
· Excellent knowledge of all aspects of Crew Operations
· Excellent presentational skills – able to develop and lead pitches and presentations to senior client represenatives
· Strong analytical skills
· Ability to develop and deliver Account Plans / Business Development Plans
· Experience of managing sales pipleline from Prospecting to Sale
· Demonstrable customer service mindset and experience
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Demonstrable experience of building relationships across all organizational levels.
· Excellent organizational skills
· Good understanding / user experience of Salesforce CRM or similar CRM / Account Management platforms
· Good knowledge of different Crew Management segments and vessel types
· Good knowledge of Vessel Technical Management
· Good knowledge of range of Marine Services provided by V.Group
· Knowledge of Marine Operations Support and Maritime Services
· Experience in crew management
What can I expect in return?
V.Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.