Finance Systems Business Process Owner - Glasgow
- Date Posted:
5 September 2018
Who are V. Group?
At V.Group, our ambition is to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine support services. Our values (The 5 C’s) are at the heart of everything we do and describe how we work and the promises that we make to our customers and each other. We only succeed if we are enabling our customers to be successful - we aim to be a standard setter, shaping the future. We aim to work as one global team, easy to do business with and providing a consistently high level of service. We are always interested to speak with talented individuals - people who care, really collaborate, challenge and commit & deliver.
Finance Systems Business Process Owner – what does that involve?
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Ensuring that the new Marine Services ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics) meets the operational requirements of the business units and is compliant with Marine Services quality management system, V.Group policies, marine industry standards, and the targets set in the group budgets and business plans.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS:
1. To undertake the role of Business Process Owner for Projects / Service Orders within Project Bridge
2. To ensure that the new Marine Services ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics) meets the operational requirements of the business units and is compliant with Marine Services quality management system, V.Group policies, marine industry standards, and the targets set in the group budgets and business plans.
3. To take responsibility for developing and implementing business processes within Microsoft dynamics and ensuring that the business and operational requirements are met.
4. To be involved in managing change and development of standard processes for system enhancements relating to the process owned which can be adopted across all businesses. To ensure that adequate system testing is carried out before releasing product to end users.
5. To undertake regression testing of project management functionality for any upgrades to the system
6. To act as a Link between the operational staff in the Business Units and the Project Bridge Team
7. Assist with the development of training plans and user guides & conduct training for any relevant modules within Microsoft Dynamics
8. To make sure that the project management functionality within Microsoft Dynamics meets the operational end user requirements and be involved in capturing and developing improvements to system process on an on-going basis.
9. To provide support to operational users after go live and advice on the most efficient methods for managing projects/orders within the system.
10. To identify continuous improvements that will enhance the systems for current and future business units.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Familiar with ISO9001:2008 requirements
· Project Management and Business management experience including monthly BU reporting requirements
· Knowledge of business processes
· Working knowledge of project management systems, planning, time and cost recording tools
· Previous experience with Microsoft dynamics
· Working knowledge of business accounting practices (Finance for non-financial managers)
What can I expect in return?
V.Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.