Accountant - R2R (Mumbai)
- Date Posted:
13 September 2018
Who are V. Group?
At V.Group, our ambition is to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine support services. Our values (The 5 C’s) are at the heart of everything we do and describe how we work and the promises that we make to our customers and each other. We only succeed if we are enabling our customers to be successful - we aim to be a standard setter, shaping the future. We aim to work as one global team, easy to do business with and providing a consistently high level of service.
We are always interested to speak with talented individuals - people who care, really collaborate, challenge and commit & deliver.
Accountant – R2R :What does that involve?
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Responsible to achieve required performance levels in terms of quality, efficiency and timely manner. Identify the scope of process improvement and work towards implementing the improvement ideas.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS:
· Perform general accounting and reporting
o Manage policies and procedures
o Set and enforce approval limits o Perform general accounting
o Process journal entries
o Process allocations
o Process period end adjustments
o Post and reconcile intercompany transactions
o Reconcile general ledger accounts
o Perform consolidations and process eliminations
o Prepare trial balance
o Prepare and post management adjustments
· Perform fixed-asset accounting
o Maintain fixed-asset master data files
o Process and record fixed-asset additions and retires
o Process and record fixed-asset adjustments, enhancements, revaluations, and transfers
o Calculate and record depreciation expense
o Reconcile fixed-asset ledger
· Perform financial reporting
o Prepare business unit financial statements
o Prepare consolidated financial statements
o Perform business unit reporting/review management reports
o Perform consolidated reporting/review of cost management reports
o Prepare statements for board review
o Produce quarterly/annual filings and shareholder reports
o Produce regulatory reports
o Perform legal and management consolidation
What is V.Group looking for?
· Good Knowledge of MS office specially Excel Skills
· Hands on accounting knowledge.
· Good written & verbal communication skills
· Strong interpersonal /business skills both oral and written with very good telephone skills
· Ability to work on own initiative in a Team environment
· Good organizational & time management skills
· Strong negotiation skills
· Analytical approach / good problem solving skills
· Excellent reporting skills
· Competent in Microsoft Office, advanced Excel skills (vlookup, pivot table etc.)
· Excellent stakeholder management
· Fluency in English and any other foreign language will be an added advantage
· Experience of having worked on an ERP will be an advantage.
What can I expect in return?
V.Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.