- Date Posted:
17 September 2018
Who are V. Group?
At V.Group, our ambition is to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine support services. Our values (The 5 C’s) are at the heart of everything we do and describe how we work and the promises that we make to our customers and each other. We only succeed if we are enabling our customers to be successful - we aim to be a standard setter, shaping the future. We aim to work as one global team, easy to do business with and providing a consistently high level of service.
We are always interested to speak with talented individuals - people who care, really collaborate, challenge and commit & deliver.
Master Planner – what does that involve?
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Master Planner will have overall responsibility in managing Crew Pools globally and ensuring maintenance of optimal rotation plans within the assigned region thus ensuring delivery of effective and efficient crewing service to customers as well as setting the Planning Optimization Engine’s (POE) parameters and optimization criteria and analysing results of POE output for continuous improvement.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS:
1. Responsible for the definition, review and reporting of the overall fleet plan and maintenance of manning levels across the group.
2. Responsible for running the optimization engine and setting the Planning Optimization Engine’s parameters and optimization criteria.
3. In charge of Level 3 escalations and critical hiring process.
4. Reviews and publishes the twice weekly plan
5. Manages seafarer pools which includes creating new pools, transferring seafarers between them and ensuring manning levels are maintained.
6. Monitors crewing and operational KPIs related to crew pools and rotation planning set by internal and external clients within region as well as develop and implement plans for service delivery improvement where required.
7. When new business is being negotiated, provides crew risk assessments and develops plans and strategies to mitigate the risks.
8. Ensures reports are delivered on time and to the standards required by the Client.
9. Reviews, amends and approves vessels’ rotation plan ensuring that the plan adheres with the predefined planning criteria.
10. Manages and resolves escalations arising from non-conformance or observations noted from internal and external Quality audits.
11. Controls and minimises risks in crewing operations.
12. Ensures effective communication and actively promotes cooperation between Planning manager, Crew Account managers, Recruitment and Business development teams.
13. Provides inputs in the preparation of annual crew budgets.
14. Ensures compliance and understanding across the region of VGroup circulars, policies and programs, management systems, and other requirements.
15. Ensures Performance Appraisals are carried out for all colleagues within assigned teams and contributes as appropriate to their career development.
16. Manages performance of team members and address/close out any performance/disciplinary issues.
17. Develops and maintains a Succession Management Plan for assigned region.
18. Runs planning optimiser and supports Planning assistants to encode Client, Vessel and Seafarer requirements to the system.
19. Compares manning factors of the client and take proper actions for client and fleet pool improvement.
20. Reviews Client performance on planning with relevant Planning manager and Crew Account Managers
21. Reviews Planning manager KPIs and mentor Planning Managers for effective planning.
22. Reviews effective operation of Planning engine and participate in increasing its effectiveness through communication of such observations to appropriate ISD department.
Key Success Measures:
1. Percentage of escalations closed within Turn-Around-Time
2. Quality and timeliness of reports
What is V.Group looking for?
· Bachelor’s Degree in Maritime, Transportation and Logistics Operation, Business Administration or related fields, preferably with relevant managerial experience in Crewing operations
· With knowledge of marine operations support and maritime services
· With experience in in port operation planning, cargo controlling or dispatching or shipping line and logistics company
· Strong analytical, planning, and organizing skills
· Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
· Strong customer service mindset and solution-oriented
· Strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills with aptitude in building relationships across all organizational levels.
· Demonstrated ability and/or experience in using planning and optimization engines
· Thorough awareness and good understanding of cultural and diversity issues.
· Proven ability to work to and meet tight deadlines.
· Coaching and mentoring skills
What can I expect in return?
V.Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.