Fleet Cell Liaison Manager - Glasgow
- Date Posted:
29 October 2018
Who are V. Group?
At V.Group, our ambition is to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine support services. Our values (The 5 C’s – We Care, We Collaborate, We Challenge, We are Consistent, We Commit and Deliver) are at the heart of everything we do and describe how we work and the promises that we make to our customers and each other. We only succeed if we are enabling our customers to be successful - we aim to be a standard setter, shaping the future. We aim to work as one global team, easy to do business with and providing a consistently high level of service.
We are always interested to speak with talented individuals - people who will demonstrate our values and deliver great service for customers, whether external or internal.
Fleet Cell Liaison Manager - what does that involve?
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
· Communication and coordination between Fleet Manager, Superintendents and Category Managers to drive compliance of purchases and robust solutions.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS:
· Create and promote an environment where Company Values are known, understood and evident in every task, communication and business relationship whether internal or external.
· Act as a communication swing between Fleet Managers and Category Managers to ensure spend is understood by vessel, correct solutions are available and drive compliance approved purchases.
· Understand Global Purchasing arrangements with access to rebate visibility to drive decision making with Fleet Managers.
· Interact with Ship Owners to make them aware of “offer” and capability, whilst enhancing relationships further.
· Managing compliance to central deals.
· Analyse and drive information
· Define, monitor and report category KPIs and financials, (including contracted / group capture spend penetration and trends, etc). Preparation and issuance of monthly standard reporting to monitor actions and implementation progresses. Prepare and present reports to supply chain management.
· Act as escalation / interface/ coordination point for repeated or serious non-conformity of Company Procedure and Process and communicate evidence to Category Managers as appropriate. Help to identify cause (training issue, learned behaviour etc.) set action plan and time frame for improvement and provide feedback to Divisional on progress and resolutions. Participate to supplier meetings on site, participation and MoM to Category Managers.
· Educate and positively promote benefits of negotiated contracts and Group Company services whether internally or externally towards Clients when required.
What are V. Group looking for?
· Excellent communication skills
· Strong influencing skills
· Analytical skills
· Fluency in English
· Experience in the maritime sector preferred
What can I expect in return?
V. Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.
**Please note that you should submit your CV in English**