Responsibilities as per V.Ships S&QMS;
Technical Department Responsibility 4 - Boilers And Steam Plant
Responsible for the safe and efficient repair and maintenance of boilers, steam plant and associated machinery and equipment.
Technical Department Responsibility 5 - Oily Water Separator
Responsible for the safe and efficient repair and maintenance of the oily water separator.
Technical Department Responsibility 6 – Separators
Responsible for the safe and efficient repair and maintenance of the separators.
Technical Department Responsibility 7 - Compressors
Responsible for the safe and efficient repair and maintenance of the compressors.
Technical Department Responsibility 8 - Evaporators
Responsible for the safe and efficient repair and maintenance of the evaporators.
Technical Department Responsibility 9 - Water Chlorination Systems
Responsible for the safe and efficient repair, maintenance and operation of the ship’s water chlorination systems.
Technical Department Responsibility 14 - Swimming Pool Systems
Responsible for the safe and efficient repair and maintenance of the swimming pool systems.
Technical Department Responsibility 16 - Engine Room Watchkeeping
The keeping of Engine Room watches as required and identified by the Chief Engineer in accordance with the Safety Management Manual and FOM 1 - Marine Operations.
The composition of the watches is to be adequate and appropriate to the plant and machinery involved. For normal operating conditions the composition of the watches (at minimum) will be identified by the Chief Engineer.
The Chief Engineer is responsible for the watch composition in conditions other than normal as identified by the Master e.g. restricted visibility, ice zone, high traffic density, manoeuvring, etc.
In ships with Unattended Machinery Spaces Certificate, adequate personnel shall always attend the Engine Control Room.
Technical Department Responsibility 18 – Log Books
- Making entries and maintaining a correct and up-to-date Engine Log Book, as applicable
- Making entries and maintaining correct and up-to-date technical or waste related Log / Record Books (including but not limited to: Oil Record Book, Wastewaters discharge, Ozone Depleting Substances, Oil-to-Sea-Interfaces, Bilge/
Any task assigned by the Chief Engineer
To assist the following with their responsibilities as per V.Ships S&QMS;
- All machinery cooling sytems water treatment
- Auxiliary boilers
- Ballast System
- Bilge system, pumps and alarms
- Boiler water treatment
- Chemical inventory
- Domestic water supply and hot water pumps
- Engine Room sprinkler system
- Exhaust gas boilers
- Feed water and circulating water pumps
- Fuel and Diesel oil systems
- Fuel bunkering
- HFO and MGO Transfer and bunkering
- Lubricating oil consumption tracking and report
- Lubricating oil filter maintenance
- Lubricating oil on board analysis
- Lubricating oil purifiers
- Lubricating oil sample taking for shore analysis
- M/E’s Lube oil tests
- Main Engine air coolers washing
- Main Engine turbocharger washing
- Noon and midnight sounding sheets
- Oil record book entries
- Quick closing valves, testing, maintenance
- Reverse Osmosis plant
- Sewage and Grey water system in machinery spaces
- Sludge system
- Spare part requisitions and inventory for equipment under the above responsibilities
- Steam and condensate systems
- Steering Gear – weekly maintenance
- Technical water – Hydrophor, associated pipework and pumps
- Water cooling system’s chemical treatment and testing